Quickly make a comparison of betting sites in Nigeria and discover exclusive bonuses, best odds guaranteed, variety of markets and much more. All the sites listed here are 100% legal, licensed and vetted to be safe by independent third-party companies. Nigerians can visit these sites knowing all their personal and financial information is safe at all times. Also included on this page are factors that you need to look at when reviewing or analyzing online betting sites. You’ll also find useful information on how to start betting online, tips to help you improve your winning chances while betting plus much more.
Bookmakers: The Best Betting Sites for Nigeria
- Good choice of games
- Fast withdrawal times
- Large number of games developed by leading software providers
- Easy to use website
- Nigerian Based Casino (Allows Naira)
- Combines Casino with Sportsbet offer
- Unique live casino games
- Option to bet live on a sporting event
- Lots of promotions for new and loyal users
- Plenty of available betting markets
- A full section of promotions and bonuses
- Frapapa licenced in Nigeria
- In-play wagering function
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Multi-live betting
- Several bonuses and promotions
- In-play betting on sporting events
- Lots of bonuses and VIP program
- Android and iOS applications
- Transactions with cryptocurrencies only
- The 6-level Vip program
- 24/7 available customer service
- In-play and live streaming of sporting events
- Adaptability to new and old mobile devices
- A large number of betting markets
- In-play betting is available
- Betting on virtual sports is offered as well
- The minimum deposit is only 100 NGN
How We Review Betting Sites in Nigeria
Before explaining how we review betting sites in Nigeria, it’s worth mentioning that the list is based on our opinion. As bettors ourselves with years of experience, there are a few areas that we strongly believe each betting site should adhere to in order to qualify as a top-rated site.
To start, we look at all the betting sites in Nigeria. We then proceed to sign up at each of these sites and put the brand through its paces, looking for certain characteristics. They include but not limited to the betting markets on offer, their odds margins, live betting and live streaming, payment methods supported, among many others.
Below is a complete breakdown of all the key areas that we look at when reviewing betting sites in Nigeria, starting with the pros and cons of the site.
Pros and Cons of the Site
This is the first bit of our review. We will highlight all the pros and cons of the betting site. It’s more of a summary of what the betting site review is all about and it’s highlighted in bullet point form.
Betting Markets and Odds Margins
Betting markets in sports betting refer to what you are betting on. There are more than 30 sporting events online, with each having an average of about fifty (50) markets. This makes it 1,500 betting markets on an average every other day.
Odds, on the other hand, are the bread and butter of sports betting. Without odds, there wouldn’t be any markets to bet on and as such, sports betting wouldn’t be possible.
Savvy bettors will therefore know that betting markets and odds go hand in hand. When writing reviews on betting sites, we look at these two areas and try to find answers to the following questions:
- How diverse are the betting markets?
- Does this Nigerian betting site offer something different from the competition?
- How does it compare when it comes to the odds margins? Which site offers the best odds margins?
Ease of Website and Mobile Usability
How fast can you sign up at an online betting site in Nigeria? You have a problem placing a bet, how fast can you locate the customer support team? Do you have to waste a few seconds, which are crucial in placing an in-play bet because you cannot find the place a bet button? Perhaps, you just placed your bet and you are eagerly waiting to cash out, will you lose those few dollars or Nairas because you cannot see the cash out button?
These are all questions that we ask ourselves when reviewing a betting site based on its ease of use, design and navigation. The process involves reviewing the desktop/PC platform and comparing it with the mobile platform. While at it, our main objective is to look at how easy it is to find whatever that we are looking for.
In addition to that, we also look at other tiny details such as the colour schematics, the loading speeds and overall usability of the brand. If the brand has a better functioning PC than mobile site, we will be sure to let you know.
Live Betting and Live Streaming
How good would it be if you could place a bet depending on the events happening within the match? For example, when Manchester City are playing a third tiered team and they are a goal down, playing their first squad. Of course, the odds would be great and would definitely shift/become better the more The Citizens take time to score a goal.
It would even be best if you didn’t have to travel all the way to the UK, Germany, Spain, USA, China or Australia to watch the event and instead watch it from the comfort of your own home as you place your bet.
The good news is that betting sites in Nigeria and the world at large already have these services in place. This is made possible thanks to the live streaming and in-play betting feature.
While reviewing these two important aspects, we ask ourselves the following questions:
- What events are covered under the live betting/in-play feature
- How smooth or easy is it to use the in-play/live betting feature
- Is there a live streaming feature to accompany the sport?
- If there is one, how good is it? Does it lag? What is the delay time to the event
Bonuses and Promotions Offered
Bonuses and promotions have somewhat become standards in the online betting industry. These are perks that you won’t get while betting at your local betting shop. Because of the increased number of betting sites online, each one wants you to sign up. And in order to attract as many people to sign up as possible, every site will come up with a promotion or bonus to award you. It could range from a welcome bonus, free bet, reload bonus or any other bonus the website sees fit.
Due to the stiff competition among online betting sites, you sometimes get crazy numbers and figures splashed on the betting sites. These figures in some cases may not be genuine. As they appear, they may look lucrative but beneath the tin, there are hidden conditions that are meant to make it hard for you to claim the goodies. This is where we come in.
We will audit the online betting site’s bonus and promotions section, looking at the following key areas:
- How much is the bonus/free bet amount?
- How can you use it at the site?
- How easy is it to redeem the bonus?
- What are the wagering requirements for these bonuses?
- How easy is it to clear these wagering requirements?
When we talk about banking services in sports betting, it’s not a literal comparison. Sportsbooks don’t have a license to operate as banks. Instead, we are talking about how you will be moving your money in and out of your bookmaker account.
So, when we are referring to banking services, we simply mean everything related to payment services at the betting site. While reviewing the banking services of a betting site operating in Nigeria, these are the areas we look at:
- The available payment methods. These refer to eWallets, pre-paid vouchers/cards, debit/credit cards, and cryptocurrencies
- Currencies supported. Does the site support the Nigerian Naira? What other currencies can one use?
- What are the transaction times? Which payment method offers you the fastest deposit and withdrawal times?
Customer Support Services
This is what it sounds like, how the betting site offers its customer support services. In the online world, customer support services go a long way in determining the overall user experience. During our analysis of the betting site, we look at several aspects of customer support services. We consider:
- The channels that one can use to contact the support team. Live chat, email, WhatsApp, social media channels and telephone services are some of the available channels
- The quality of customer support services. How professional were the agents? Were they knowledgeable enough while tackling your issue?
- The availability of the support team. What are the operational times for the support team? Can you reach them 24/7?
Sports Betting in Nigeria
Sports betting is now a major industry in Nigeria, with an estimated ₦1.8 billion being spent by punters on a daily basis. Meanwhile, some 60 million residents now participating in sports betting, with both high street and online bookmakers helping to cater for their needs. While the thrill and excitement of visiting a high street betting store is appealing to some, online bookies are generally the preferred option for punters.
Here, punters can see all available markets, both pre-match and in-play, claim bonuses and even watch live streams of events. Meanwhile, with both domestic and international betting sites being available today, punters in Nigeria have never had so much choice when it comes to selecting an operator.
Betting in Nigeria is regulated by the Lagos State Lotteries Board and National Lottery Regulatory Commission, which were founded in 2004 and 2005 respectively. Local bookmakers must hold a license from one of these authorities to be deemed legal, however betting sites which are licensed by the UK Gambling Commission, Malta Gaming Authority or Government of Curacao may also be accessible to Nigerian residents. On top of this, an increasing number of online betting sites now accept payments in Naira. Meanwhile, under laws from the Criminal Act Code, only bets on skilled-based play can be bet upon in most cases, including sporting events.
Betting Sites & Bookmakers In Nigeria – Useful Information You Need to Know
When it comes to sports, Nigeria is perhaps the most successful and well-decorated country in Africa. It is not only the birthplace of legendary stars like Nwankwo Kanu and Jay-Jay Okocha, as well as Giannis Antetokounmpo, but it is also home to some of the most successful and passionate bettors in the continent. It’s not a surprise that there are hundreds of betting sites offering their services to Nigerians.
Although sports betting isn’t the first thing you may think of when the word Nigeria is mentioned, it is an integral part of the culture. There are hundreds of brick-and-mortar casinos and betting shops spread throughout the thirty-six (36) states. However, over the past decade or so, technological advancements have made betting services easily accessible online. As such, there are always new betting sites penetrating the Nigerian market aiming at serving Nigerians and people within the borders of the country.
Because of the fast expansion of online betting services in Nigeria, laws have been formulated to control the industry and bodies have been put in place to ensure these laws are enforced. One such body is the National Lottery Regulatory Commission (NLRC), which was formed when the National Lottery Act was passed in 2005. The NLRC, alongside the Lagos State Lotteries Board, are responsible for ensuring all bookies operating within the borders of Nigeria are fully licensed and regulated.
Facts About Betting In Nigeria
- It is 100% legal to place a bet in Nigeria
- However, you need to be 18 years and above to place a bet
- The National Lottery Regulatory Commission has so far issued licenses to 27 bookmakers across the country
- You are not obliged to pay any taxes from your winnings
- It is illegal to play dice games, roulette and other non-skilled card games
- More than 89% of Nigerians place their bets using smartphones and other internet-enabled devices
Locally Licensed Betting Sites in Nigeria
Betting sites in Nigeria are either licensed by the Lagos State Lotteries Board (LSLB) or the National Lottery Regulatory Commission (NLRC). Here’s a full list of all the betting sites that hold a license issued by any of the two bodies.
Lagos State Lotteries Board (LSLB) Licensed Sites
National Lottery Regulatory Commission (NLRC) Licensed Bodies
International Betting Sites – What Are They?
These are simply betting sites that operate outside of Nigeria. They have their offices located in other countries and operate with licenses issued by internationally renowned bodies. The Malta Gaming Authority, UK Gambling Commission, The Kahnawake Gaming Commission among others issue licenses to these betting sites. Their services are also offered across multiple jurisdictions including African, European, Oceanic, Asian and Americas continents.
In Nigeria, there are more than a few hundred international betting sites. Despite offering similar services, the top betting sites are characterized by certain features/characteristics. Here’s an overview of some of the features offered by top International Betting Sites in Nigeria.
- Licenses from internationally renowned bodies
- Other certifications from recognized independent third-party auditing companies
- Support of multi-currencies to cater to their international customer base
- Use of multiple languages, which include international names
- A wide variety of betting markets are competitive odds
What are the Most Popular Sports Betting Markets in Nigeria?
Sport has long been a popular pastime in Nigeria, meaning that it perhaps comes as little surprise that betting on events from this world is increasingly common too. With that in mind, the following are among the most popular sports in Nigeria today:
Football betting sites
Online betting markets include the Nigerian Premier Football League, while football matches from major competitions such as the English Premier League and Champions League can also be found. Football has become the most popular sports betting market over recent years, with fans in Nigeria taking advantage of pre-match and in-play markets daily.
Cricket betting sites
Nigeria may not be one of the leading nations when it comes to cricket, however betting on this sport is still very popular. Depending on the bookmaker, punters can bet on Test, One Day, T20 and other formats of the game, with bets including match winner, top scorer, leading wicket taker, over/under runs and to win the toss.
Basketball betting sites
Some sports betting sites cover the Nigerian Premier League of Basketball, while games from the NBA and other major competitions are also available daily. Punters can bet on the winner of games, the highest points scorer, under/over points, possibility of overtime and 1st quarter leader.
Rugby betting sites
Nigeria has made waves in the world of rugby over recent years, with sports betting markets surrounding the sport also becoming increasingly popular. Games from the World Cup, Six Nations, Sevens Series and European Cup can be bet on throughout the season. Popular markets include 1×2, team to score last, winning margin, first try scorer and handicap.
Best New Betting Site for Tennis
The number of markets that you will come across Nigerian betting sites will vary throughout the year and depends on the type of competition you are participating in. Events such as the Wimbledon, US Open, WTA and ATP finals, you are bound to come across several markets. You can bet on the outright tournament winner, the player(s) to reach the final or the player who’s most likely bound to win the quarter-finals. Of course, it’s also possible to add multiple bet selections into one accumulator bet – for both women and men.
These are just some of the markets that you will come across at the betting sites, though there are plenty more online. If you’d an avid tennis bettor, there are new betting sites that excel in tennis sports betting. Ask us to pick twenty sites from the top of our heads and we’d do that right away. However, we feel the following brands suit Nigerian bettors more.
Best New Betting Site for Basketball
There’s no denying the fact that football is the king of sports as far as sports are concerned in Nigeria. However, basketball has a solid claim of being the best when it comes to the rest of the other sports. Lots and lots of young people actively play basketball in different clubs and courts countrywide. Ask many young people and they’ll tell you they aspire to be the next LeBron James or Michael Jordan.
The popularity of basketball has further been promoted by the recent success of our national teams. The woman’s team, D’Tigress emerged victorious in the last two editions of the AfroBasket women, while the men’s national team D’Tigers won the African competition in 2015.
So where can you get the best odds for basketball betting in Nigeria? Which site(s) cover a wide variety of leagues as far as basketball betting is concerned? Our experts have tried a handful of new betting sites and feel these are the best when it comes to basketball betting.
Best New Betting Site for Boxing
Boxing is undeniably one of the favourite spectacles for hundreds of millions of sports lovers globally. It is a sport filled with epic fights, fast-paced action, grudging contentions, not forgetting to mention a whole lot of beating, sweating and cursing. But in addition to the high quantities of testosterone fix, boxing matches offer the highest wager events in the sports industry, attracting the attention of bettors from every corner. Round betting, method of victory, technical draw or draw, fight outcome among many other markets are all available. In Nigeria, the available sites offer or cover different boxing events from all over the world. You can always wager at any of the following platforms.
Best New Betting Site for eSports
One of the reasons why eSports as a sport has taken off is because of the massive collection of games to play, watch, and wager on. On a daily basis, there are almost twenty eSports matches being played, the most popular ones being Sports and Racing Games, Real-Time Strategy Games, First Person Shooter Games (FPS) and Multiplayer Online Battle Arena Games (MOBA). Out of these, MOBA and FPS are the most popular ones in the eSports arena and which most players bet on. If you fancy a flutter on any of these games, visit any of the following online betting sites.
Different Types of Odds Available
Punters in Nigeria will generally be in a position to view odds in three different formats, which include decimal, fractional and American. Let’s take a closer look at just how they differ:
- Decimal – Common in Europe, decimal odds are easy to understand. Here, punters must simple multiple their stake by the odds. Return = stake x decimal odds is the equation required here. For example, betting on Nigeria to defeat Angola at the African Cup of Nations at odds of 1.50 means that a N100 stake would return N150.
- Fractional – As the oldest format of odds, here, the number on the right is the amount staked, while the first number is the amount in which bets will earn. The equation Return = (stake x (fractional odds) + stake can be used) to make calculations. For example, in the event of Chelsea being 1/3 to defeat Sheffield United in the English Premier League, a stake of N100 would return N133.
- American – Here, favourites come with a – symbol, while underdogs are attributed to a + symbol. For example, a favourite may be available to back at American odds of -200. Odds specifically state how much punters will earn when staking $100.
What are Betting Promotions and Bonuses?
While the theory that nothing in life is free also applies to sports betting sites, punters can still look forward to taking advantage of a range of promotions and bonuses. Online betting sites today deliver a variety of different promotions, including free bets, price boosts, insurance offers and enhanced winnings.
However, it is worth keeping in mind that each and every promotion is likely to come with its own set of terms and conditions. This can potentially make withdrawing money off the back of promotions more difficult. Common terms and conditions revolve around qualifying deposits and bets, minimum odds, bet limits, market restrictions and wagering requirements.
What to Consider Before Signing Up on a Sports Betting Site
We certainly do not recommend rushing into a decision regarding which betting site to register with. This is why our experts review all operators available in Nigeria today, which take into account the following factors:
- Markets / Odds / Live betting – The best sports betting operators cover a large number of sports, offering both pre-match and in-play markets in the process. Meanwhile, the odds, no matter what their format is, should offer good value to punters, allowing for profits to be made regularly.
- Offers /promotions – Most online betting operators offer some form of welcome offer in an attempt to entice customers into signing up. While this should not the only reason for registering with a bookie, welcome offers and ongoing promotions can certainly lend punters a helping hand along the way.
- Usability / Design / Mobile – There is no point in a bookie offering a host of markets, generous odds and a variety of bonuses if it is difficult for punters to use their site. As such, bookies must work hard to ensure that bets can be placed easily on both desktop and mobile, with many having developed dedicated betting apps.
- Legal/ Security – Safety online is hugely important. All betting sites found at online-casinos.ng are legal and regulated, while they also have strict security measures in place, such as SSL encryption and firewalls.
- Deposit / Withdrawal methods – Many betting sites today accept payments in Naira, meaning that there are no concerns when it comes to conversion rates. Meanwhile, deposits and withdrawals can be processed via bank cards, ewallets and bank transfer, with payments having to be fast and convenient.
All of the points above add up to help separate the best sports betting sites from the rest, with our reviews breaking down how each bookmaker performs in these areas.
How Do I Start Sports Betting?
Online betting today is easier than ever before, with the process for punters being a simple one. Having weighed up the pros and cons of the betting sites available to punters in Nigeria today, it is time to begin the sign up process.
This involves entering a small amount of your persona details, including your full name, email address and date of birth, as well as potentially creating both a username and password. Having completed this step, some customers may be required to verify their account, which involves uploading a valid proof of identity. Next, deposit funds for the first time using your preferred method of payment. At this point, you are ready to place your first bet!
Our Reviews are 100% Unbiased & Transparent
At online-casinos.ng, punters can rest assured that our reviews are 100% unbiased, with our main objective being to be completely transparent at all times. Our reviews are based on thorough testing and expert opinion, with such pages being designed to give punters the best possible understanding of different operators. Our reviews are also updated on a regular basis in order to ensure that punters take on board nothing but accurate information, perfect for aiding the decision-making process.
Betting Tips & Guides
On our site, punters can also take advantage of regular betting tips, which are available free of charge. Surrounding football matches from around the world, such tips provide useful information about the teams and players involved, including recent form, head to head records and player availability. Betting tips at online-casinos.ng undoubtedly assist punters in beating the bookies, although, of course, we cannot guarantee results. We have a success rate of around 70%, which is significantly higher than other platforms. The time taken by our experts to carry out research really does pay off, making our tips extremely popular.
How to Bet Online For Real Money
Betting online is a simple process. As long as you have an internet-enabled device, access to a stable internet connection and basic computer knowledge, you can start betting online for real money. If you’ve been having problems/difficulties doing that, then this is how you can bet online.
Step 1: Pick a Reliable Betting Site
This is the first and most important step you take towards betting online. Choose a reliable website that fits your betting needs. It could be a site that offers you a wide variety of markets in a particular sporting event. Perhaps you want a site that supports Bitcoin and other Cryptocurrencies. Just ensure it fits your style of betting. The website should also have proven beyond reasonable doubt that they are committed to offering you a safe, secure and fair experience.
Step 2: Sign Up
Create an account with the platform. You can do this by clicking on the “Sign Up”, “Create Account” or whatever button that means the same on the homepage. A sign-up sheet will pop up and you’ll be required to provide basic information such as the year of birth, full names, your address and other personal information. Ensure all this information is accurate and up to date as it is required during the KYC verification process. This is standard across all online betting sites in Nigeria.
Step 3: Email Confirmation
Log into your email address – the one that you’ve used to create the account – and click on the email confirmation link. After this, you are ready to start betting. Log into your sportsbook account
Step 4: Deposit
Unlike casino games, sports betting dictates that you spend real money. And to enable as many people as possible to pursue their thrills and frills, betting sites have several deposit options, with very flexible betting limits. Head over to the banking section, click on the deposit button, pick your preferred method of payment and make your deposit.
Step 5: Start Betting
Once you’ve made your deposit, you are ready to place your first bet. Click on the home page button, pick your sport and betting market and start wagering. All winnings are automatically updated in your account’s balance.
Want to Give Yourself the Best Chance of Beating the Bookies? Be Sure to Check Out Our Betting Guides
Whether you are looking to bet on football, horse racing, Formula 1 or other sports, our experts provide detailed guides, perfect for beginners. Guides include available markets, bet types, where to find the best odds, bonuses and available features, perfect for those looking for a better understanding of exactly how different sports betting options work.
Looking for the Best Betting Strategies? Online-Casinos.ng Has Got Your Covered
Visiting Online-Casinos.ng, punters will also be able to use our guides and tips in order to create a betting strategy, which is crucial for anyone looking for long-term success. Strategies should take into account your disposable income, sporting interests and objectives, with a number of options being available online today. So, whether you are looking to target live betting markets or underdogs with small stakes, be sure to take advantage of our experts when developing your strategy.
9 Betting Tips fpr higher winnings
No matter how much experience you have when it comes to online betting, it is always wise to take on board tips, which are designed to give punters the best possible chance of being successful. So, let’s take a look at some of our most important expert tips for customers in Nigeria to consider.
Take a look at the available online sports betting markets thoroughly bef
1. What you want to bet on?ore staking your hard-earned funds for the first time. Doing so will enable you to work out which markets are suitable and which aren’t. If you are a football fanatic, it will generally be worthwhile to stick to markets surrounding the beautiful game. Going away from what you know if a surefire way to lose cash.
2. Mobile first in Nigeria
A large proportion of bets in Nigeria are placed on mobile devices today. The speed and convenience of such platforms makes wagering easier than ever, with bookmakers working hard to ensure that customers are catered for well in this area. If you are anticipating placing bets using your mobile device, ensure that a potential betting site performs well in this area before registering an account.
3. Live betting is important
With value sometimes being hard to come by surrounding pre-match markets, normally because there is normally a clear favourite and underdog in sporting encounters, it is important to consider live betting markets too.
4. A welcome bonus isn’t everything
While bonuses and promotions are often the first thing in which punters will notice, this should not form the sole basis for your decision when signing up at a new betting site. Instead, focus upon odds and available markets, as these factors will be more important in the long run.
5. Customer service is a must
Often overlooked, support should ideally be available 24/7 at betting sites, perfect for times when assistance is required. Betting sites who offer customer service via telephone, email and live chat are likely to be more reliable than the rest too.
6. Check whether they are licensed
Whether it be an international or local bookmaker, any potential betting site must be fully licensed and regulated. This means that markets are fair, while the threat of fraud or scams is minimized significantly.
7. Read the payout terms!
There is nothing worse than placing a winning bet, only to find out that you are unable to withdraw the money! So, be sure to read the payout terms and conditions at a betting site beforehand, with doing so meaning that unwanted surprises are encountered.
8. Have a look at the payment options
It is also important to ensure that a potential betting site offers a payment method that suits your needs, whether it be bank cards, ewallets, bank transfers or pay by mobile. Both deposits and withdrawals should be quick, convenient and free of charge.
9. Competitive odds?
Odds at betting sites will ultimately determine how much punters earn from successful wagers. So, finding competitive odds with an online betting operator is perhaps more important than anything else. Check out odds comparison platforms in order to easily view which bookies perform the best in this area.
Before bets can be placed, punters must fund their betting site account. This can be achieved by using one of the many available payment methods found online today, with the most popular options in Nigeria including the following:
- Debit Card – Undoubtedly the most popular method of depositing at betting sites is debit cards. Punters can store their debit card details on their betting site account, ensuring for quick and convenient transfers each and every time. Deposits made using this method are instant too. Debit cards are distributed by a number of banks in Nigeria today, with holders only being able to spend what is in their account at the time.
- Bank Transfer – Despite not being one of the quicker methods of payment online today, bank transfers remain the top choice for some punters. This is due to their security, with short codes or mobile apps being used to process such transactions.
- PayPal – Accepted by an increasing number of betting sites, those looking for a secure and convenient method of depositing cash should certainly consider PayPal. With over 20 years of experience to its name, PayPal is an online payment system that does not require users to store their financial details on their betting site account, adding another layer of protection as a result.
Withdrawal methods for Nigeria
No one will sign up to a betting site without dreaming of winning big. As such, punters are more than likely going to have to consider how they wish to withdraw money from their betting site too. Generally speaking, the following methods cater for quick and secure withdrawals:
- Debit Card – Taking anywhere between 1-5 working days to process withdrawals, debit cards are also commonly used to take home winnings made at betting sites. For punters who have their debit card stored on their betting site account, simply entering your password will confirm withdrawals.
- PayPal – Having an excellent reputation across the globe, PayPal is now a payment method that is synonymous with the gambling industry. While some betting sites will charge a small fee for withdrawing funds in this way, it is still an option well worth considering.
- Interswitch – A digital payment company founded in 2002, Interswitch helps to process money transfers in a cost-effective manner. Accepted by many African betting sites today, Interswitch owns well-known operators such as Verve and Quickteller.
Withdrawing Your Winnings
For the lucky winners, withdrawing your winnings from the betting site(s) is as easy as making a deposit. Nigerian friendly betting sites have ensured this is possible by setting up several payment methods discussed below. Once you have made your quick money and would like to cash out, simply follow the steps below.
- Click on the banking page. This will reveal the two options; deposit or withdraw. Select withdraw. Alternatively, you can click on the “balance’ button then withdraw
- Enter the amount that you would like to withdraw. Ensure you meet the minimum withdrawable limit
- Select a payment method from the list of available options. Then confirm your withdrawal request to cash out
Note: You can only withdraw your winnings after completing the KYC verification process. KYC simply refers to Know Your Customer and it is an industry-standard procedure. To complete this, you will have to send a copy of your government-issued ID/driving license/passport/military ID and a copy of your utility bill. The process can take up to 72 hours to complete, so it’s highly advisable you initiate it as soon as you’ve completed the signing up procedure.
Cashout Betting Sites for Nigerians
Cashout is one of the newer concepts that was introduced in the last decade or so. Thanks to this, you can easily lock a profit – when you are winning your bet – or avert a potential loss when your bet is going sideways. There are two forms of cash out:
- Partial cash out – you cash out only a part of the amount that’s available
- Full cash out – you cash out the whole amount
Take note that cash out is subject to availability. If the market that you’ve wagered on is suspended or closed, then the cashout feature will not be available. You can also activate the auto cashout feature so that the available amount is automatically cashed out when it reaches a certain amount.
No matter what you are looking to get out of online betting, responsible gambling should be at the forefront of thinking for both bookies and punters. Effectively, this means having a good understanding of the risks involved and never putting yourself in a position where your life can be negatively effected by gambling. As we always state, sports betting should be a recreational activity and a pastime that can be enjoyed from time to time. It should not be seen as a method of making a living, with the following tips being applicable to all:
- Set a Budget – Be sure to come up with a strict budget when operating at sports betting sites. The total figure should be a small proportion of your disposable income, with those who go over this amount likely to put themselves under unnecessary pressure. Also remember that you by no means have to spend the entirety of your budget, whether it be on a weekly, monthly or annual basis.
- Losses? – Those operating online should only ever bet what they can afford to lose. No matter how attractive a market appears to be and how potentially lucrative the odds may be, there are no guarantees when it comes to sports betting. As a result, do not go beyond your means at any point.
- Do Not Chase Losses – Losing is part of betting, however those who go chasing their losses are likely to quickly find themselves in trouble. It is easy to get yourself on a cycle and start betting irresponsibly on a regular basis. So, punters must understand when it is time to log out of their account. If you have placed a losing bet, take a break and recuperate before staking again.
- Have Fun! – For some punters in Nigeria, sports betting is viewed as a method of paying the bills. This should never be the case, with fun and enjoyment being the ultimate priority. Putting these factors at the top of the list of priorities will remove the stress and expectation involved, making it easier to stick to budgets and strategies in the process.
- Track Your Progress – Is betting on sporting events taking up more of your time than it should? If so, then you are not gambling responsibly. It is important to focus on your career, family and friends before betting, with betting being a pastime. Those who effectively manage their time and not placing bets for the sake of it will be in a good position to enjoy the process and be successful.
Mobile Sports Betting In Nigeria
Mobile betting sites are no longer a rare occurrence in the universe of internet betting but in fact a prerequisite. Mobile betting sites cover the same sports betting events you would cover at the brick and mortar betting shops. They have the added advantage of enabling you to place a bet on the go on devices such as smartphones, tablets and iPads. You can bet on your favourite sporting event whenever and wherever you are thanks to mobile betting sites.
So, besides the convenience factor, why are the other advantages of mobile sports betting in Nigeria?
- Quick access to markets and sporting events
- One-tap feature gives you access to other extra features such as fast deposits
- There are mobile applications that give you access to notifications and other extras
- Streamlined in-play and cash-out feature
Types of Bets You Can Place Online
This is an area that is usually misunderstood and much wrong information is written about. Quickly Google the types of bets you can place online and what you will get are the popular betting markets. But in reality, there are only a handful of ways through which you can place a bet online as opposed to the hundreds of betting markets you can wager on. Here, we quickly look at the different types of bets anyone can wager.
A pre-match bet is one that you place before the start of any event. It can be a few seconds to the event, minutes, days, weeks, or even months. This is the most common way through which Nigerians place their bets.
In-play betting is all about placing bets once the event has kicked off. The odds change in real-time as the event progresses. This makes it ideal to get a better value of odds.
Also known as Arb betting, this is a form of wagering where you place a bet on the same sporting event with the hope of winning a profit regardless of the outcome. To achieve this, you need two betting sites Nigeria that offer different odds for the same event. You’ll back one player/team to win at bookmaker A and back the other team to win at bookmaker B. This way, regardless of the outcome, you get to win some cash.
This is a concept used by most savvy bettors to get the best odds and make money betting from betting exchanges. The concept behind matched betting is simple, you place your bet at certain odds – backing – then lay the bet. It’s a whole article on its own and you should read more about it before placing your first bet.
New Nigerian Betting Sites – What Do You Need to Know About Them?
New Nigerian betting sites are the in-thing and are in demand thanks to their cutting edge designs, up to date features and fresh content. Bettors, not only in Nigeria, are looking for the next best thing in sports betting online and new betting sites have it all.
Over the past decade or so, technology has moved in terms of website designs and other in-game features. You are looking at in-play betting, cashing out, and live streaming services as the main features.
Other trends to monitor closely include new, easy to use designs for online betting sites and lobbies. Some of the sites have voice recognition technology for mobile sites to facilitate fast access to the sporting event of your choice.
How to Pick The Best New Betting Sites in Nigeria
Before starting your journey at any new betting site in Nigeria, there are several things/features you need to consider. After all, you want to have a much-improved experience than what you are accustomed to at your old betting site. So, here we go. Factors you need to consider before signing up at the new Nigerian betting sites.
Cross-examine The Site For Scams
The first and most important thing to do/steps to take is to do a quick online search. Run a background search to ascertain whether the online betting site is blacklisted. Many forums, as well as review comparison sites, have dedicated sections where real players share their experiences in real-time. Review comparison sites, especially, like ours will go to great lengths to put a betting site through its paces before sharing real-time feedback. It’s therefore, important that you run this background check so that even when an online betting site appears to be brand new and it has flaws, you will be able to know before signing up.
Look At The Licenses and Third Party Auditing Certificates
If the online betting site is clear of any scandals the next thing is to check if it has all the appropriate licenses in the jurisdictions where it offers its services. This is a straightforward and easy thing to do. The licensing information of a betting site is usually located at the bottom of the page. It can either be the UKGC, MGA, LSLB, NLRC among many others. A logo from any one of these bodies shows that the online betting site is a legitimate one and that the brand has undergone thorough scrutiny and has been approved to be safe and secure. If an online betting site does not have a valid license, don’t even bother to sign up.
Note: Don’t take the betting site’s legality for granted. If it’s possible, visit the supposedly licensing body and cross-check the licensing number.
Confirm Whether The Site Offers Fair Services
If the real money betting site holds a valid license, then it will have software powered by a renowned software company. But how do you know that this site is powered by a reputable or renowned software provider? It’s simple. Look at the bottom of the page and look for names such as eCOGRA, iTechLabs, GLI or IGC. These are independent third party auditing companies that look at the betting site’s software to ensure it functions as it is supposed to.
Rate The In-play and Cash-out Feature
In-play, cash-out and live streaming services have all become industry standards. Every new online betting site has any of these – if not all – features incorporated at the site. The best way to identify a top-rated new betting site in Nigeria from the average one is by looking at how good these features function. You want a site that has seamlessly incorporated these features to work like a well-oiled machine. There should be no lags or delays. And most of the sporting events should be included under all three features.
Best New Betting Sites In Nigeria For Football
There’s no denying the fact that Nigeria has a remarkably huge football culture. Locally, the top league – Nigerian Professional Football League (NPFL) – draws crowds all over the country every weekend. Internationally, we have several local talents playing in top international leagues across the world. The likes of Ndidi, Iheanacho, Iwobi, Chukwueze, Victor Moses among many others represent the colours of our flag in different European leagues. It, therefore, makes a lot of sense that there are millions of devoted fans across the country.
Owing to the huge popularity of international and domestic football leagues, sports betting on football is very popular among Nigerians. As such, there are hundreds of local and international betting sites offering their services to eager punters who would like to make a quick buck. In addition to the 100+ betting sites, newer ones are constantly making way to tap into the huge market.
The newer betting sites all have their areas of specialization and when it comes to football, we believe these are the ones that stand out. They not only offer better odds, cover huge markets and have cutting edge live streaming and cash out features but they are also fully licensed and regulated. This means Nigerians can place their bets knowing their personal and financial details are safe and secure at all times.
Keep Away From Personal Bias
The majority of people wager on different sports that they enjoy watching and it’s natural to have your own favourite team/player. 90% of such people will always see their players or teams perform well, and this can easily influence what such a person wagers on. It’s common practice for people to wager on what they would like to happen, without putting into consideration whether it is the right thing to do or now.
Now, supporting your favourite player/team isn’t a major problem when you are betting for fun. However, if you are looking to make some money, it’s crucial you avoid allowing bias, which could easily cloud your judgment. And the best way to avoid this is by simply avoiding events/games where you are invested emotionally.
Sports Betting Tips
We’ve learned a few things about sports betting in Nigeria. What we haven’t mentioned is that sports betting is one of the legitimate ways for any sports aficionado to have extra fun on the side. This is because money isn’t the only reward you can get from sports betting as it also comes with a deep sense of satisfaction.
As much as it can be rewarding and satisfying, sports betting can also be devastating and huge losses can quickly pile up, especially if you don’t know what you are doing. To avoid being a victim of loss of money, we have prepared some sports betting tips to help you win. Every sports bettor will have his/her own opinion regarding betting, which means you’ll find more than a few hundred thousand tips. However, these tips cut across the board.
Set Realistic and Achievable Objectives
If your goal is to win a few bets while betting on sports, then you’ll be pleased to know that it’s something achievable. Any interested party with vague knowledge about a particular sport can easily and quickly make an accurate prediction at any time. However, there is a very big difference between landing a few bets and winning severally to make a decent profit. The latter is not easy.
It is difficult because of how most people approach sports betting. There is nothing wrong with having long term objectives of making money. It’s crucial to be realistic though, and come up with achievable objectives. As a bettor, your early objectives should gravitate towards learning more and trying to progressively improve. Once you have the necessary experience, you can start setting more complex goals.
Of course, your objective may be to simply enjoy yourself. But this is only a short term goal. As a matter of fact, focusing on having fun is perhaps the best approach if you are new to sports betting. You can start taking things seriously once you’ve become a pro.
Cover Your Bases
In the outgoing section, we’ve stated that sports betting is a simple form of entertainment. But even with that, it doesn’t mean that you should start betting right away! It’s advisable you learn the basics first before you can start placing your bets. The basics can include what the different types of bets mean, how to manage your money, the best betting site in Nigeria for a certain type of sport among other things.
Pick Your Sport Carefully
We highly recommend that you carefully pick the sport that you wish to bet on. On average, there are twenty-five (25) sporting events available at an online betting site. Each of these sports has say 10-15 sub-categories or events. Therefore, before placing your bet, we highly suggest that you focus on one sport and if possible one competition. This way, you know the right bet to pick.
For example, you can focus on football betting, and pick say the Premier League, Championship and North Ireland tournaments.
Master The Concept of Value Betting
Like matched betting, value betting is a concept that most savvy bettors use to make a decent profit while betting. It’s an art/mastery that lets you identify when there is value in a certain market. For example, Leicester City F.C. is playing against a weakened Brighton FC. Typically, you’d expect odds for Leicester FC to be shortened, say at 1.50. However, the betting site gives than odds of 2.30 against 3.73.
Bookmakers & Betting Sites Nigeria FAQ
Yes, the online betting niche in Nigeria is legal and regulated. The National Lottery Regulatory Commission (NLRC) and Lagos State Lotteries Board are the two bodies tasked with the responsibility of ensuring betting sites in Nigeria adhere to the laws put in place.
Anyone who has attained the legal age of 18 years and is a resident of Nigeria can place a bet online. You also need to have a stable internet connection and a device with which you can place the bet with.
Absolutely not. As per the Gambling Act of 2005, no tax is passed down to the bettor. Instead, it is the sole responsibility of the betting site to pay for them as they make massive profits from the Nigerian bettors.
Every betting site in Nigeria has its way of tabulating the odds. This means there is bound to be some sort of difference when it comes to the odds. It’s up to you to compare and find the site with the best margins to bet on.
Live streaming is only available across several sporting events. Furthermore, different betting sites have a varying number of streams that they offer. Common practice, however, is the top leagues are hardly streamed as compared to the medium leagues.
There could be several reasons why you cannot withdraw your winnings. One, it could be that you haven’t completed the KYC verification procedure. Two, the payment method(s) that you are trying to use cannot be used for withdrawals. Lastly, you do not have the minimum required amount to make the withdrawal. If you feel none of the listed issues isn’t the problem, you can contact the support team for help.
Online betting sites don’t impose fees on any transactions online. All transactions should be free of any charges. In the event that there are any fees on the transactions, it should be optional and only lets you allow the betting site to charge so that they can process the transaction faster.
The best Bookmakers in Nigeria - Online Betting Sites Summary
Many visiting bonline-casinos.ng are likely to be familiar with the concept of online betting, while a large proportion will have placed a bet themselves already. However, the guides, tips and news articles found on our site have been designed to give punters the best possible chance of being successful in this pastime. Our expert advice is second to none, with residents in Nigeria having a host of options available to them online today, with each having been broken down and analysed. So, be sure to check out the sports betting sites, bonuses and guides delivered on this site, before backing your favourite sports stars and teams in events from around the world. You will certainly not regret your decision when entering online-casinos.ng, while tools found are 100% accurate, reliable and free!